Navigating the Green Path: Our Webinar with Salesforce about Salesforce Net Zero Cloud and Scope 3 Data
In our mission to promote sustainability, Greener Company recently presented in a webinar with Salesforce. For anyone who doesn’t know who Salesforce is, they are one of the world’s leading companies in technology. The focus of our discussion? Scope 3 Inventarization and Salesforce Net Zero Cloud. We’ll simplify these terms for you
Scope 3 Inventarization refers to the measurement and management of a company’s indirect emissions. While Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions deal with direct emissions from a company’s operations and energy consumption, Scope 3 takes into account the broader picture. It includes all indirect emissions, such as those from supply chains or the use of products and services by customers.
Salesforce is setting an inspiring example by acknowledging and addressing its Scope 3 emissions, showing their commitment to a more sustainable future.
Why is Scope 3 so important?
Scope 1 and 2 are covering the emissions of your own company. However if you truly want to take sustainability to the next level, we need to look at the Scope 3 emissions. These emissions are indirect emissions stemming from your upstream and downstream activities, such as the purchase of goods and services or the use of products. These emissions can constitute a significant portion of your ecological footprint. With the new CSRD (Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive) obligations in the European Union, mapping and reporting these emissions is crucial.
For many companies, Scope 3 constitutes 90% of total emissions. It’s crucial for sustainability because it’s where you can make a real difference.
Speakers during the Webinar
During our webinar, we were joined by four experts who shared their insights:
- Jessie Heemskerk – As a consultant at Greener Company with a strong focus on ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) and sustainability, Jessie has extensive experience in sustainability consulting. She has guided numerous companies in calculating Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions and climate reduction plans.
- Arline Nijeboer – Arline combines her passion for sustainability with the capabilities of the Salesforce platform to assist companies in their sustainable transformation. She emphasized the importance of aligning business and IT to provide the right value in this rapidly changing world due to climate change.
- Jacco Ruijs – Jacco, a technical and functional architect specializing in Salesforce and Tacton, contributed insights into the CO2 impact of the entire value chain and the role CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) solutions can play in this context.
- Tony Archidona – Tony is the Business Development Manager at NNCourage and has an extensive track record in data management, ICT (Information and Communication Technology), and sustainability. He has the network and expertise to help clients with sustainability reporting and digital transformation.
Topics during the Webinar
During the webinar, important questions were answered, such as:
- What are Scope 3 emissions exactly, and why are they important?
- What are the benefits of a good understanding of your Scope 3 emissions and reductions?
- How can you start collecting your Scope 3 data effectively and what steps should you take to improve your data quality?
- How can you collaborate with suppliers and other partners to enhance your Scope 3 footprint, contribute to your sustainability goals, and measure progress?
Your Next Step Towards Sustainability
At Greener Company, we support your journey to a greener future, inspired by Salesforce’s commitment to sustainability. Our team of experts can guide you through the Scope 1, 2, and 3 inventory process and help you integrate solutions like Salesforce Net Zero Cloud into your operations.
Remember, it’s not just about being green; it’s about creating a sustainable future for all. Join us in this journey towards a greener, more eco-conscious business world.
Share this blog with your network! Click on the buttons below:
More to explore
Demystifying Climate Targets: Understanding SBTi, Net Zero, and More In today’s world, addressing climate change is no longer a choice; it’s a
Understanding Carbon Footprint: A Deep Dive into Scope 1, 2, 3 In today’s world, sustainability has become more than just a